Monday, July 27, 2009

Gram's Lament

Gram's Lament - A song

Look at me
O look at me
What do you see
With your bright young eyes?
What do you see
When you look at me?

We are the old
We are invisible
We are not seen

Look again
Look at me
Open your heart
Now what do you see?

My eyes once glowed
My lips once loved
My limbs were graceful
My laughter light

We are the old
We are invisible
We are not seen

All you young ones
Look at me
Really look at me

I have things to say
I have love to give
Wisdom to share

So use your heart
And look again...At me.
Then tell me what you see

We are the old
We are invisible
We are not seen.

Mary Murphy

1 comment:

secretariat7 said...

Murph that is beautifully written, but I have to disagree. My grandmother "raised" me when I was a small child, and I know that most of what I know about life, I learned from her before the age of five. They're listening.